We are really working hard on learning to read. We have quiet reading time where the students must find a spot to sit in the room and read all alone for a controlled amount of time. We are now up to 6 minutes. Check out the great reading by the students!
How do you read in kindergarten? There are many ways, but here are a few that we are using right now.
1. Look at the pictures and tell yourself a story.
2. Look to see if you can find any letters in your name. Count the letters you find on each page.
3. Search for capital letters. Where do you see them?
4. Search for lower case letters. Where do you see them?
5. Search for words you know.
6. Point and read words you know.