Total Pageviews

Friday, September 25, 2015

Five for Friday


 
My poster to tell about myself and the things I love!

 Time for the students to read is so important at all levels.  When the students arrive in the morning, they unpack bookbags and get to read!  I am amazed how excited they are to read by themselves.

I taught them to read like kindergarten students.  They look at the pictures and talk about the story and what they think is happening! 
We have been working on all the PA skill this week using names.  It is so fun to watch.  You can find all the skills on my page Phonological Awareness Skills (click here).
We loved singing "Willaby, Wallaby, Woo" using our friends' names!
You can hear the song here from Randy Marquardt.



We have really been working on goal setting.  The students that can spell their names got to sign a "goal" sheet that is hanging in the room!  Other friends are practicing at home and can't wait to practice.  Here is a sample of the goal sheet!

We have been practicing working on Phonological Awareness each day!  I use  a page that I created on this blog to focus and guide my instruction.  I refer back to it each day to remind myself about these important skills.

Using the students names as many times as I can helps my students focus and feel special!

Click here to visit the page.
Click here for many activities to develop Phonological Awareness Skills.

2 comments:

  1. The kids look so cute reading! What are they sitting on?

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy Ess, those are alligator chairs that open up and the students sit inside them.

    ReplyDelete